milagro-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Spector <brian.spec...@icloud.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Request for review the polling report
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 21:45:14 GMT
Hi Justin,

I want to correct a misconception on the Incubator Report for October 2018 you stated.

“….most of the initial committers haven't signed ICLAs. They did however report this month.”

I know for a fact that, in addition to me, these folks have signed ICLA as they are listed
as committers on http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html:

Go Yamamoto
Kealan McCusker
Patrick Hilt
Stanislav Mihaylov
Jan Willem Janssen

That’s the entire PPMC list.

I just want to point out that MIRACL, the company, filed a Software/Patent Grant and Corporate
CCLA on Thursday, March 26, 2016 which covered the GitHub repos in question and from what
I can see on the contributors listed to the repos they are covered/listed in the Corporate
CCLA. I'm assuming that checks all the boxes then to port the GitHub repos in question over
to the Milagro Apache Git repos, right?

The folks listed in the CCLA are myself, Kealan, Patrick.

@Giorgio, I have added you as a contributor to the project through the Whimsy page prematurely
but have sent out a vote request to add you as a committer and PPMC person to the project.
Thank you again for your enthusiasm.

Go, Kealan, Patrick, Stan and Jan, please approve Giorgio for ascension.

All, my current company, Qredo, intends to get actively involved in the project going forward
and start contributing to the repository immediately.

I was the initiator of the project back in 2016 along with NTT and I know from communication
with them they would like to see this project going, given that we have both heard MIRACL
may not be a viable entity much longer.

Could either Nick, Justin, Stirling, Craig please make sure that within Whimsy the Corporate
CCLA is listed as on file. It appears to not have been listed. I'm sure you have the records
of receiving it on your end (Thursday, March 26, 2016) as we got an acknowledgement email
from Craig (secretary@apache.org <mailto:secretary@apache.org>) that same day.

To reiterate I think it is in the best interest of the project to take the code in GitHub
that was already covered under the CLA and do a merge into the Apache Git so we don't lose
the years of development spent on it per Giorgio’s plan.

I note that the code is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.

Thanks
Brian

i signed the ICLA may years for Tuscany.
Are you a committer/PPMC member of this project? I don't see you on the roster.
Can i port the current miracle repository to Apache?
Do we have ICLAs on file for all contributors to that repo? Has that code been covered by
a software grant? Given it's in an external repo that's had, from what I understand, ongoing
work I'm guessing the answer to both of those would be no?
Thanks,
Justin
See More
i signed the ICLA may years for Tuscany.
Are you a committer/PPMC member of this project? I don't see you on the roster.
Can i port the current miracle repository to Apache?
Do we have ICLAs on file for all contributors to that repo? Has that code been covered by
a software grant? Given it's in an external repo that's had, from what I understand, ongoing
work I'm guessing the answer to both of those would be no?
Thanks,
Justin

> On 5 Oct 2018, at 09:35, Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Justin, you are helping us by providing the information needed.
>> That what I expect for mentors in addition to the recent effort.
>
> I'm sorry but I'm not always going to be able to do that, as V.P Incubator I'm spread
fairly thin.

>> About the additional help we need, I added a line about regular ping messages.
>> I mean it not necessarily from mentors' side but can be from PMC's side.
>
> Well as a member of the PPMC you can pick yourself :-) The IPMC board reports are really
where stuff like that goes, if something is more urgent then you can ask for help on general@
but sometime the response will be "Ask your mentors".