milagro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project status - time to retire?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 23:06:23 GMT
Hi Brian,

> On Nov 7, 2018, at 12:01 PM, Brian Spector <brian.spector@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> I just want to point out that MIRACL, the company, filed a Corporate CLA back in 2016
which covered the repos (attached) and from what I can see on the contributors listed to the
repos they are covered/listed in the CLA. I'm assuming that checks all the boxes then, right?

> @Giorgio, I have added you as a contributor to the project through the Whimsy page.
>
> All, my current company, Qredo, intends to get actively involved in the project going
forward and start contributing to the repository immediately.

> I was the initiator of the project back in 2016 along with NTT and I know from communication
with them they would like to see this project going, given that we have both heard MIRACL
may not be a viable entity much longer.

> Could either Nick, Justin, Stirling, Craig please make sure that within Whimsy the CLA
is listed as on file. It appears to not have been listed. I'm sure you have the records of
receiving it on your end. I have attached the emails and acknowledgement emails for easy searching.

The CCLA was filed and recorded. I'm not sure what you mean by "make sure that
 within Whimsy the CLA is listed as on file. It appears to not have been listed. " It is recorded
at https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/documents/cclas/miracl.pdf <https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/documents/cclas/miracl.pdf>
so no worries in that regard. I'm not sure what else you might be referring to wrt Whimsy.
Perhaps the podling status page?

Craig

> Finally, I think it is in the best interest of the project to take the code in GitHub
that was already covered under the CLA and do a merge into the Apache Git so we don't lose
the years of development spent on it.

> I note that the code is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.
>
> Thanks
> Brian
>

> On Oct 16, 2018, at 12:10 AM, Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> i signed the ICLA may years for Tuscany.
>>
>> Are you a committer/PPMC member of this project? I don't see you on the roster.
>>
>>> Can i port the current miracle repository to Apache?
>>
>> Do we have ICLAs on file for all contributors to that repo? Has that code been covered
by a software grant? Given it's in an external repo that's had, from what I understand, ongoing
work I'm guessing the answer to both of those would be no?

>> Thanks,
>> Justin
> <Brian Spector Mail - Milagro (incubating) Software Grant and CCLA.pdf><ack
email from Craig L Russel.pdf><MIRACL-Apache_MIRACL SW Grant & CCLA.pdf>

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org <mailto:clr@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>