mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use java 5 and retroweaver for 1.4 compatibility
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 03:00:48 GMT
On Mar 6, 2006, at 9:21 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 3/7/06, peter royal <peter.royal@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have no idea how to make it automatic, but if you add:
>>
>>         <plugin>
>>          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>          <artifactId>retrotranslator-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>        </plugin>
>>
>> to the POM, and then run 'mvn retrotranslator:translate', it will
>> translate the classes.. as for turning them into a jar and
>> integration into the build, nfi, since maven doesn't have any
>> documentation :)
>

> I know the plugin, but my question is: 'Does the translated JAR
> deployed
> when I run mvn deploy or mvn install?'  Did you try installation or
> deployment?  If the translated JAR is also processed, this is a
> very good
> news... though I guess Maven won't do this magic for us. :)  So my
> idea is
> to build a project type called 'retrotranslated-jar' which pulls a
> JAR from
> an M2 repository and retro-translate it.

I think it will translate the source.. when you do what I mentioned
before, it processes the source of the project.. so I believe that in
principal, we should be able to generate 2 jars, the regular jar, and
a translated one. I'll continue to track down how to make this work :)
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://fotap.org/~osi