mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject use java 5 and retroweaver for 1.4 compatibility
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 20:37:17 GMT
since MINA is targeting high-performance systems with high levels of
concurrency, I think it will bring the greatest value to our users to
use the concurrency features present in Java5 (it will also help
lower bugs relating to this, as there are higher-level objects to
deal with locking/etc).

I propose that the RetroWeaver project <http://
retroweaver.sourceforge.net/> be used to provide Java 1.4
compatibility. It will allow usage of new language features, but more
importantly, usage of the concurrency bits with a bridge to the
backport <http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/
index.php>

-pete