mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mina component lifecycles
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:56:10 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your active feedback!

On 3/4/06, peter royal <proyal@apache.org> wrote:

>         lm.add( connector );

Interesting.  For now all I/O threads start and stop automatically just like
we init and destroy filters.  Will this also become a problem?  It may cause
high latency when the first session is ceated.  I thought I/O threads
(acceptors, connectors and SocketIoProcessors) are OK to exclude from the
managee list because we can control it very easily and destroy process is
very simple and light.

and then, when the system is done:

>         lm.dispose();

This sounds good.  So the modified IoFilterLifecycleManager calls init() but
doesn't call destroy() at all, and destroy() will be invoked by
BasicLifecycleManager?  Then what happens to the filters instantiated for
each session?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6