mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: use java 5 and retroweaver for 1.4 compatibility
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 02:21:07 GMT
Hi Peter,

On 3/7/06, peter royal <peter.royal@pobox.com> wrote:

> I have no idea how to make it automatic, but if you add:
>
>         <plugin>
>          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>          <artifactId>retrotranslator-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>        </plugin>
>
> to the POM, and then run 'mvn retrotranslator:translate', it will
> translate the classes.. as for turning them into a jar and
> integration into the build, nfi, since maven doesn't have any
> documentation :)

I know the plugin, but my question is: 'Does the translated JAR deployed
when I run mvn deploy or mvn install?'  Did you try installation or
deployment?  If the translated JAR is also processed, this is a very good
news... though I guess Maven won't do this magic for us. :)  So my idea is
to build a project type called 'retrotranslated-jar' which pulls a JAR from
an M2 repository and retro-translate it.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6