mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Vinod Panicker" <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compression
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:46:56 GMT
On 3/1/06, fedechicco@gmail.com <fedechicco@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody, I'm looking on the internet to find compression classes that
> can be used with java.nio, but I can't find them.
>
> I only want to create an IoFilter that can deflate and inflate data on the
> fly when it arrives, because I have to send many repetition over the same
> connection in my protocol, and java.zip is uneffective in my case ( many
> little repetitive packets).
>
> Has somebody any idea about what I can do?
> I have find jzlib but it seems like if it is no more in development.

Seems like this is your lucky day.  I've just finished implementing a
compression filter with MINA.  Had sent it to trustin for review
yesterday.  I still have to open a JIRA issue since I've not finished
testing it out.  You're welcome to try it out.  Let me open a JIRA
issue and attach the diff file.

Regards,
Vinod.