mina-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauroth <Michael.Baur...@falcom.de>
Subject Re: NIO and Fileaccess
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:18:35 GMT
Hi,

Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Michael Bauroth <michael.bauroth@falcom.de> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> has eventually somebody already an implementation for NIO based file
>> access in the context of Mina? It would be great.
>

> It sounds like a good idea, and we talked about file transport before.
> What
> is the possible use case for you?
>
> Trustin

I'm interested in both directions.

First of all the incoming direction: Assume that I have 10.000
concurrent client connections sending data to the server. I've to make
some plausibility checks for the data and afterwards I must store it in
some way. MySQL and other DB's can't handle such amount of incoming data
every second without a cluster behind the server I think. That's why I
want to store (append) the data in separate CSV files and import it over
the CSV engine from MySQL only when I need them.
To reduce the overhead of separate file / data handling and
transformation I thought that it would be a good idea to take the
already existing ByteBuffers and a separate connector (Mina), which
forwards the data directly to some FileChannels using NIO. In this way I
have a consistent data flow chain without separate overhead.

The outgoing direction: In the same model sometimes it can happen, that
a client needs some data stored in a file. Here I want to specify the
file over a filechannel and redirect the ByteBuffer data over the chain
directly to the clients (eventually using some of the filters to modify
parts of the content).

What do you think?

Best Regards
Michael