mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice for Inter-Session communications
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 02:32:16 GMT
Hi Cinar,

On 5/15/06, Cinar Eren <CEren@orga-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi Trustin,
>
> thank you for your prompt response. With the update, i meant the examples
> given in "MINA Tutorial" of Must-reads section of "Getting Started".
> For my 3. question; can you please be more elaborate?  You mean an
> instance variable of IoHandler? if we dont have a queue structure in our
> classes, does MINA handle this with an internal queue? if more than one
> session tries to send data to one session, no data is lost, right?

MINA VM-pipe sessions doesn't have a queue because all messages exchanged
are just method invocations.  To insert a queue between a client and a
server, please insert a thread pool filter. Since 0.9.4, the thread pool
filter is added by default, so we can say that we have a queue between a
client and a server.  No data is lost.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6