mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Pete McKinstry" <pete.mckins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: port numbers
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:56:22 GMT
I created my own SocketAcceptor class based on the default one that can
handle binding to an undefined port number (either via null inet address or
a port of 0). It's almost exactly the same except for providing a callback
mechanism for notification of the port chosen. I would prefer returning a
future from the bind() method that provides access to the chosen address,
but since I'm not able to mess w/ the method signature, I chose a callback
instead. I would also have rather extended the current SocketAcceptor to add
this feature, but so much of the impl was private that i really couldn't
re-use it.

I'd love to work w/ someone to get this back into Mina. Let me know if there
is any interest.

-pgm

--
Pete McKinstry