mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <dave.irv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: NIO and Fileaccess
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:28:00 GMT
Michael Bauroth wrote:

<snip/>

> The outgoing direction: In the same model sometimes it can
> happen, that a client needs some data stored in a file. Here
> I want to specify the file over a filechannel and redirect
> the ByteBuffer data over the chain directly to the clients
> (eventually using some of the filters to modify parts of the content).
>
> What do you think?

For the outgoing direction, I think DIRMINA-218 will cover this.
You'll be able to do session.writeFile(FileChannel).
I expect this will propogate through the filters, so you could, for
example,

1) leave it to pass all the way through mina, ending up with Mina doing
a FileChannel#transferTo to the socket,
Or even
2) Intercept the writeFile call in a filter, read / transform, and issue
write(ByteBuffer) calls (if you wanted to modify the content in some
way).

> Best Regards
> Michael

Dave