mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <dave.irv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: NIO and Fileaccess
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:11:05 GMT
Michael Bauroth wrote:

> the only question is, if it would be more transparent to
> implement an additional acceptor / connector pair plus a
> filter, codec or anything else, which has the same behaviour
> (and transparent handling behind) like tcp, udp ... So I can
> handle the data like an proxy (TCP on the one side, File NIO
> on the other).

I think even if an additional acceptor / connector pair for File NIO was
added, we'd still benefit from having DIRMINA-218 implemented as well.
The key benefit of 218 is the ability to transfer from file to socket
without needing to stream all the bytes through the application (because
the SocketIOProcessor can use FileChannel#transferTo).
So even with new connectors, I still think we'd need
IoSession#write(FileChannel).

> May be I'm wrong?
>
> Regards
> Michael