mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A little direction please
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:18:45 GMT
On Jun 2, 2006, at 10:16 AM, Axl Mattheus wrote:
> 1.  Should I write my own codecs?

eventually, yes

> 2.  Will the object serialization codec suffice?

you can certainly use that to get started, but i would write your own
codec once you get the system working for performance reasons.

> 3.  I am not quite sure how to string all this together. I have
> read through
> the examples. I have watched the presentation. Can anyone please
> give me a
> couple of pointers how I would go about doing what I set out to do?

I'd start by making an object representation of your request. Then an
IoHandler that will receive those and write out an object
representation of a response.  I'd then make an IoFilter that sits
below you IoHandler that uses ByteBuffer.get/putObject to pass these
objects across the wire, until you have a prototype working and feel
comfortable making a ProtocolCodec that does the same translation.

-pete