mina-dev mailing list archives

From <cino...@gmail.com>
Subject Increasing Performance over Mina
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:20:38 GMT
Hi ,

I working on a  Image transfer application between a client and server over Mina.
Image files are around 3000 kbs in length. Im transfering over a compression filter followed
by
a Objectserialization protocol handler.
Transfering 1 image file to my localhost would take around 2 seconds. I was wondering if there
is
any way to increase this benchmark? I know this is a silly question on bandwitdh and latency
but any suggestions would be apreciated. Heres a snipet of the code.

public void messageReceived(..,..){
// Serialized object
        CommandMsg commandMsg = (CommandMsg) obj;

        //get a fresh new bytebuffer from the producer (exchanger object)
        fullBB = exchanger.exchange(fullBB);

        //close session if the byte buffer is empty
        if(fullBB== null){
            session.close();
            return;
        }

        //set bytes to the object setter method
        commandMsg.setImageByte(fullBB);

        //encrypt the bytes over AES and encrypt the key over RSA
        commandMsg = cipherFacade.cipher(commandMsg);

        //write it out..
        session.write(commandMsg);
}