mina-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Heath <elc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'protocols' sub-module of MINA
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:50:02 GMT
On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 10:53 -0400, peter royal wrote:
> After talking with people @ ApacheCon, there is interest in building
> protocols on top of MINA.
>
> Specifically the JAMES project is interested in porting their SMTP,
> POP3 and NNTP server-side code to MINA. I was also introduced to a
> contributor to the Tomcat clustering sub-project that is working on a
> ASLv2-licensed JGroups-like layer that should use MINA as well (since
> its NIO based). We also have the start of HTTP from John Preston.

I wrote a MINA based SMTP handler (http://hausmail.safehaus.org) that I
would love to contribute to MINA.  About a year ago I tried to get it
included in the JAMES project but the Java 5 requirement for StartTLS
support seamed to turn a lot of people off.

The code certainly isn't perfect and needs some additional work but I
think it's a good start.  I will have time this week and over the
weekend to put together something that could be included in MINA.

BTW, I love the idea of a protocol sub-module in MINA.

-Mike