mina-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Mallach ...@ariva.de>
Subject Stupid Question about Filters / ChainedIoHandler
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:19:33 GMT
Hi!

I'm currently porting an application from MINA 0.8.4 to the current version
and have got a small question about filters:

I want to queue multiple filters, so that each filter handles a different part
of the encoding/decoding process. I don't want to pass ByteBuffers between
these filters, but my own Message-Objects, i.e.:

MyHandler	(only deal with my custom messages)

^	v			Custom messages

MyFilter		(decodes Strings into my custom messages,
			encodes my custom messages into Strings)

^	v			Strings

TextLineDecoder/TextLineEncode	(ByteBuffer <=> String)

^	v

More MINA

But this doesn't seem to be possible, as ProtocolDecoder and ProtocolEncoder
receive ByteBuffers in their decode/encode methods and not Objects.

I think I should use the new ChainedIoHandler instead of stacking multiple
Filters. Is thtat true? Are there any examples for the recommended way to do
this?

bye, Paul.

--
Paul Mallach