mina-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauroth <michael.baur...@falcom.de>
Subject Memory leak?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:59:14 GMT
Hi,

I've attached a method from a simple TCP client, which only writes
continously data to a server. Unfortunately over the time the memory
consumption increases continously too. I will check the whole thing with
JProbe now, but maybe someone has an idea before?!

public void writeProtocol( IoSession pSession, int pCounter )  {
     ByteBuffer tWriteBuffer = ByteBuffer.wrap(("aaa\r\n" +
	"aaa\r\n" +
	"aaa\r\n" +
	"aaa\r\n" + pCounter + ">\r\n").getBytes());

     tWriteBuffer.acquire();
     pSession.write( tWriteBuffer );
     tWriteBuffer.release();
}

When I use ByteBuffer.setUseDirectBuffers( true ), the memory leak
occurs, if I use ByteBuffer.setUseDirectBuffers( false ) instead, the
app works without memory leak. On the server side (same computer) I use
direct buffers all the time!

Regards
Michael