mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Luke Hubbard" <l...@codegent.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU Presentation Slides
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:11:01 GMT
Very cool indeed.

Thanks for posting these peter and for giving red5 a plug :)

One thing i noticed...

"For ultra-low latency with small message sizes on a local
lan, disable Nagle's algorithm; the TCP_NODELAY flag. "

We do that now on for all sessions. Is it a bad thing to be using it
for connections over internet not local lan? The packets we send are
usually quite small under 1-2k, and latency is really really important
to us. I think we have seen an improvement since using it, just want
to check it if it has any side effects.

Will show these slides to anyone new to mina.

- Luke