mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interesting?!
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:51:20 GMT
Now I got it.  One possible point of memory consumption is
CumulativeProtocolDecoder which stores a ByteBuffer.  The author mentions
using timeout to minimize the memory consumption.  But what happens after
timeout?  It depends on the details of protocol specification we are
implementing.  We can easily insert the code that discards the buffer when
decode() method is not being called for certain amount of time in
CumulativeProtocolDecoder though.  But is this what we really need?

Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6