mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'protocols' sub-module of MINA
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:36:43 GMT
On 7/3/06, peter royal <proyal@apache.org> wrote:

> After talking with people @ ApacheCon, there is interest in building
> protocols on top of MINA.
>
> Specifically the JAMES project is interested in porting their SMTP,
> POP3 and NNTP server-side code to MINA. I was also introduced to a
> contributor to the Tomcat clustering sub-project that is working on a
> ASLv2-licensed JGroups-like layer that should use MINA as well (since
> its NIO based). We also have the start of HTTP from John Preston.
>
> So, my proposal is, how about we start creating module(s) in MINA for
> protocols?

Actually, it is a part of our road map as you saw from my last ApacheCon
presentation.  We're just out of bandwidth for now.  Eventually, we will
have most popular protocol codec implementations that enables implementation
of highly customizable client/server application.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6