mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filter X Protocol design question
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:58:23 GMT
On Jun 30, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Joao wrote:
>    I have a special situation where the message is been wrapped
>    by more  then one protocol.
>    Ex. <proto1 header> <proto 2 header> <msg> <proto2 trailer >

> <proto1 trailer>
>
>    Where is the best place to implement the protocol treatment , in
> a protocol(encoder,decoder) or
>    in a Fielter?

Since the protocol stuff is a filter, it will be in a filter
regardless. Sounds like you could stand to use two "protocol
filters". You could use MINA's for the proto1 handling, and then
perhaps your own for proto2?

Alternately, you could patch MINA's filter to allow it to be added
twice, (and then contribute the patch back! :)

-pete