mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Kok Hoor \(Gmail\)" <kokh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional questions regarding MINA 0.9.5
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 05:40:22 GMT
Hi,

There is this slight issue that I face with Mina. It is a minor issue only
though.

I am using Windows XP as the development and testing environment, and I have
three separate instances of Mina running, one is the Server simulator,
another is the Proxy and the last is the Client simulator. When I press
Ctrl-C in the Proxy, and the Proxy terminates, the Client, which uses an
IOConnector, and is still sending messages to the Proxy will receive an
exception from the Proxy:

	java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by
the remote host

My exceptionCaught function will close the Session. The code for my function
is below:

    public void exceptionCaught( IoSession session, Throwable cause )
    {
        SessionLog.info( session, "SxCommServerSessionHandler::Exception:" +
cause);
        cause.printStackTrace();
        // close the connection on exceptional situation
        session.close();
    }

However, I still need to wait for around 10 - 30 seconds before my client
application exits. I have already inserted 'session.isClosing()' calls
before doing writes to prevent future writes from blocking the close. Is it
due to NIO? Or is there anything I can do to explicitly to increase my
client shutdown time? It is funny because using conventional Java sockets, I
do not this problem.

Regards,
    Kok Hoor