mina-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Architectural advice requested
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:24:24 GMT
Greetings Adam,

Sounds like an interesting project.

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 14:25 -0500, Adam Duston wrote:
> We are a couple of smart and educated but
> large/concurrent-application-inexperienced developers, and we've found
> ourselves handling a large project of our own design without much
> external assistance. We have a general architectural question, and
> we're hoping that some kind experts out there could at least point us
> in some direction, or tell us about resources (e.g. books) we could
> consult,
Just about done reading "Java Concurrency in Practice" by Brian Goetz,
Tim Peierls, Joshua Bloch, Joseph Bowbeer, David Holmes, and Doug Lea.

This book is great. Buy one for both of you! (The authors are the
primary members of JSR-166. Doug Lea the main author of the Java
Concurrency Utilities.)

you find what you need in there,

John