mina-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MINA as pure OSGi bundles?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 02:44:38 GMT
On Sep 4, 2006, at 12:08 PM, John E. Conlon wrote:
> The mina-core and the mina-java5 projects both create jars (and
> with the
> OSGi plugin - bundles) that contain classes in the
> org.apache.mina.filter.thread package. To make these classes available
> to client importing bundles these bundles must export the package.
> The
> problem is that any bundle importing the org.apache.mina.filter.thread
> package from either of these two exporting bundles would not see the
> complete set of classes in the package. (I think that Felix may event
> catch this condition at startup and flag an error.)

This sounds like an OSGi limitation, and I think it should be dealt
with on its side. Surely this problem will come up in other projects,
and a container could do something to make two jars appear as one for
the sake of the framework.

I'm against any repository re-organization just to support a
framework. MINA is framework agnostic right now and I would like to
continue to see it remain that way.

(while subversion does preserve history across moves, I still find
them distracting when trying to track down the location of a file if
it ends up being moved around a lot)
-pete