mina-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA as pure OSGi bundles?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 04:22:57 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 19:44 -0700, peter royal wrote:
>> This sounds like an OSGi limitation,
> More of an recognition, formalization and leveraging of a best practice
> - package partitioning within modules(aka-jars, bundles).
>
> Traditionally with Java we could spread a package over multiple jars and
> let the parent classloader sort through the jars on the classpath to
> find all the classes in a package.

I also feel that it is a best practice to not split packages across
JARs.  This practice appears not only in OSGi but also in the Java 2
Security Model's "package sealing" mechanism:

"A package sealed within a JAR specifies that all classes defined in
that package must originate from the same JAR."

More at:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/extensions/spec.html

Enrique