mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Johannes U. Jensen" <sp...@daimi.au.dk>
Subject Using a threadpool
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:16:42 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to use the thread pool but I am not quite sure I have
gotten it right. So far my intuition tells me this is the traversal of a
message through mina is like this (best viewed in a fixedwidth font):

Message Received -> Filterchain( filter1 -> filter2 -> ... -> filterN)
-> iohandler.

and when I insert a threadpool in the filterchain it will turn into this:
                                                                 -> ...
-> FilterN -> iohandler
Message Received -> Filterchain(filter1 -> filter2 -> Threadpool -> ...
-> FilterN -> iohandler
                                                                 -> ...
-> FilterN -> iohandler

where the number of braches from the threadpool is number of threads in
it. Is this correct? If so then I assume all iohandler actions are
performed on the same iohandler object, the one I pass to
ioacceptor.bind, right?

Kind regards
Johannes U. Jensen