mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ThreadPool in Mina with concurrent from Java5 Howto ?
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:36:39 GMT
Frédéric Brégier a écrit :

>I don't know if the backport implementation can be
>better than native implementation of ThreadPool
>in Java 5. My feeling would be that the native
>implementation should be better, but only benchmark
>can say that...

The problem is not that Java 5 concurrent is worst than the backported
we use. We have to be jdk 1.4 compatible, because MINA is used in
project that are using jdk 1.4. For instance, Apache Directory Server
use MINA, and ADS must be 1.4 compatible, because ADS is used in
Geronimo, which needs a 1.4 jdk...

That's pretty boring, but there is nothing we can do about that, except
deriving a new version, like Tomcat did with Tomcat 5 and Tomcat 5.5.

I hope this explanation be usefull (if I'm not totally wrong :)

Emmanuel.