mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Duffy" <gdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In VM Protocol
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:02:50 GMT
No, in most cases (and with a stock Sun JVM, at the least), two java
processes cannot share a VM. There are projects like Terracotta
(http://www.terracottatech.com/ [never used it, just heard some buzz
about it]) that seem to attempt to unify separate JVM processes into
one meta-JVM.

Now that you mention it, I think it'd be interesting to see how well
MINA in-VM pipe worked on something like that.

-Greg Duffy