mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vm-pipe and object reference passing
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 01:43:26 GMT
Hi Benoit,

On 9/1/06, Benoit Hudzia <benoit.hudzia@gmail.com> wrote:

> One problem arises at that level because the message and the instance of
> objects within are passed as reference. This means that when one entity is
> modifying the object passed it is also modifying the object on the other
> entity (since they share the same reference). It might be useful in some
> case (actually its very useful in most of my internal
> communication/routing
> within the peer), but its not really consistent with communication
> abstraction because when you are communicating you should not share
> message
> / objects .

I see.

To go around such problem I used deep cloning technique of the object
> (custom fast serialization / de-serialization during the routing of the
> message within the peers) . But it might useful to enable/disable such
> behaviour at the vmpipe level. Or maybe proposing a deep cloning filter
> for
> people that want it?

The best solution would be using an immutable objects, but it isn't
sometimes easy as I say.  Deep cloning filter would be a nice idea.

If people are interested I can donate the code for deep cloning filter.

Sure.  I am interested and will be looking forware to your donation.  Please
create a JIRA issue and attach the patch file to the issue.  Please don't
forget to mark a checkbox that your attachment will belong to the ASF, which
takes care of license stuff.

Thank you,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6