mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: messageReceived() & dataRead() not called when Commons.TelnetClient sends messages
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 06:26:11 GMT
Hello Elizabeth,

On 7/14/06, Elizabeth.Clause@sita.aero <Elizabeth.Clause@sita.aero> wrote:

> I have resolved the problem: the TelnetClient did not append a new line to
> the end of each write. I didn't realise that MINA IoHandler required a
> newline in order to receive a line of data. I am curious as to how other
> MINA users have resolved this when their incoming data did not include
> newlines ('\n'), and they didn't have control over the client. Thanks for
> your help.

Actually MINA receives the data, but your decoder (probably TextLineDecoder)
is not firing the event until a newline is received.  The delimiter of most
text protocols is a newline character.  Please let us know your scenario so
we can provide a solution for you.

Regards,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6