mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Session management for connectionless transports has been implemented.
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:38:52 GMT
Hi all,

Finally, the long-waited issue has been resolved:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-162?page=all

Now we have an IoSessionRecycler which prevents excessive creation of
IoSession instances for connectionless transports such as datagram:

*
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/trunks/mina/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/common/IoSessionRecycler.java?revision=442541&view=markup

This is basically a kind of cache that remembers the last session instance
which matches the specified local address and remote address.  By doing
this, we can emulate just like datagram session has a stateful connection.

The default implementation is ExpiringSessionRecycler, which destroys the
sessions which is older than certain amount of time.

Because this feature has been implemented, sessionOpened and sessionClosed
are invoked for UDP/IP connections just like they did for TCP/IP
connections.

Any feedbacks are welcome, as always.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6