mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it JDK 1.5 time yet?
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 00:46:19 GMT
John E. Conlon a écrit :

>Now that the trunk has moved to 1.1.0 do we still plan to move to JDK
>1.5 (and remove the backport-util-concurrent dep)?
>
>regards,
>
>John

Well, not yet...

1.1.0 will still have to keep a jdk 1.4 compatibility, while 2.0 will be
full java 5.

There are some discussion about having an intermediate version (1.5 ?)
like tomcat did for version 5.5, but they are just discussions.

You have to keep in mind that many prokect are still using a 1.4 jdk,
even if java 5 is becoming more and more visible. Geronimo is still
using a 1.4 jfk, for instance.

Not that I like 1.4 a lot, and I'm pretty aware of the problems we have
with 1.4 (SSL, concurrent, etc...), but it's not a move we can make in 6
days, plus a rest day :)

Emmanuel