mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject Re: Forcing IoService.handler read-only.
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:07:08 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In MINA 1.1, we can call IoService.setHandler() whenever we want.  Any
> incoming connections will use the handler currently set.  But is it a good
> way to set different handler for different sessions in the same
> service?  We
> didn't have this problem in 1.0 because we had to specify the handler as a
> parameter in a bind() call.  It was not supposed to be changed at that
> time.
>
> Any feed back and your user story would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Trustin

Do we need a setHandler() method in the interface at all? I would be
fine with having to specify it in the constructor when creating my
SocketAcceptor, SocketConnector, etc. In that case there shouldn't be
any non-args constructor in these classes.

Or we could just throw IllegalStateException once the service is in use
(bind() called or connect(addr) called at least once) and make sure we
document this. IMO, it would be a bad idea to let the user change the
handler once the service is in use.

/Niklas