mina-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Moving to Java 5 and merging all subprojects into one big project.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:41:21 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 10/25/06, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> Also let me add that there will be more version collisions between MINA
>> dependencies and the same dependencies used in apps that use MINA but
>> perhaps of a different version.  When you have one jar this problem is
>> worse than with separate jars.
>

> The problem Vinod mentioned is very different from what you're talking
> about
> here.

That's why there is an "Also" in my 2nd paragraph.  I agreed with Vinod
and added to it to describe other problems.

> As I already told Vinod, we can use 'provided' scope dependencies.

It's not a matter of scope.  It's a matter of having additional stuff in
the jar that you don't want.  Besides the bloat it could create
dependency issues.

Basically we've spent time and effort ironing out the way this multi
project is setup.  It just works.  I don't see a reason to change it.
I'm going to have to veto this change at this point.  I'm not convinced
you have a good reason to do it and there are disadvantages.

Alex