mina-dev mailing list archives

From Gillo Malpart <gi...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Porting MINA to a J2ME platform
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:53:16 GMT
Hello all,

I am a software developer (considered as "expert" :-D) in mobile
applications for industrial companies (what we call "Machine-to-Machine").
It has been 3 years now since I am working on CLDC platforms (J2ME) and
I developed a suite of servers enabling the mobile phones/modems to host
network servers (HTTP, FTP, SMS, etc...).

Our solutions have been proved efficient within the Machine-to-Machine
community, still I'd like to move on the next stage and make our
solutions more adaptable, and especially from the customization point of
view (protocols and so on...).
The Professional Service Department of my company used MINA as the basis
of our latest "heavy" server solutions (I write "heavy" and I think
"servers-that-can-run-on-a-standard-PC :-) ) and seem more than
satisfied with the solution.

That is why I am thinking of ***porting the MINA architecture and
philosophy onto CLDC 1.1 platforms***.

But, before trying anything I'd like you guys to give me some hints
about that :
- Did you already think of porting MINA to J2ME platforms ? And if you
did, did you consider it as unfeasible and why ? or are you planning to
do it ?
- What is the basic footprint of MINA (let's say with the smaller
application you can think of...)
- Are you aware of any limitation for this project ? Of course I believe
there will be some functionalities that will need some work in order to
port them to J2ME, but do you already know which ones can't be ported ?

Best regards to all, and thanks for the good work

Gillo

--
Gillo Malpart
Dévelopeur Runtime M2M

ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Prologue 2 – Rue Ampère – BP 87216 – 31672 LABEGE Cedex
Phone : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90 – Fax.: +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
www.anyware-technologies.com