mina-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Schnitzer <j...@infohazard.org>
Subject Docs? Please?
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:36:08 GMT
Just to inject a quick reality-check...

No matter what you want to call your next version, the existing 1.0
release is fatally broken.

The code seems to be fine, but both the packaged docs and the online
documentation describe something significantly different from the
software included in the release.  I can't tell if the docs describe an
older version of the software or a newer version of the software.

We'd really like to convert our popular SMTP server library
(http://subethasmtp.tigris.org/) over to MINA but the threading
explanation seems to be wildly off.  It's a shame because MINA looks
great and we've already converted over the postfix tcptables
implementation in SubEtha Mail.  The library is great - you'd probably
get 10X more adoption if the docs weren't obviously wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S.  Just because I can't resist bicycle sheds... the even/odd release
numbering is dumb.  Everyone who has ever used a Microsoft product
(read: everyone) knows that X.0 releases are far less stable and mature
than X.1 releases.  Just call it 2.0 and release it soon - with correct
docs and all jar dependencies.