mina-dev mailing list archives

From Eero Nevalainen <eero.nevalai...@indagon.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with MINA
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:32:04 GMT
Eero Nevalainen wrote:

> Jeroen Brattinga wrote:
>
>> I completely agree with your Big Red&Bold statement. The solution for
>> your
>> problem is either:
>> (a) get the backport lib from
>> http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/
>> (b) do a search/replace on the files in the source for "
>> edu.emory.mathcs.backport." and replace with nothing. This will only
>> work
>> for Java 1.5 (!)
>

> A working spell for option b) is
> find . -exec grep -q "edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java." '{}' \; -print
> | xargs -n1 sed -i s/edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.//

My apologies, the correct version is of course
find . -exec grep -q "edu.emory.mathcs.backport." '{}' \; -print | xargs
-n1 sed -i s/edu.emory.mathcs.backport.//

Additionally you need SLF4J to compile so I don't know if b) is really
much better.

I didn't quite understand the instructions for contributing. For example
I think TextLineCodecFactory should have an additional constructor:
public TextLineCodecFactory(Charset charset, LineDelimiter encode,
LineDelimiter decode) {
        encoder = new TextLineEncoder( charset, encode );
        decoder = new TextLineDecoder( charset, decode );
}

(I needed windows type lines \r\n)

Should I propose this in DIRMINA or what?

-Eero Nevalainen