mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple protocol codec factory question
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:45:39 GMT
On 8/1/06, Elizabeth.Clause@sita.aero <Elizabeth.Clause@sita.aero> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply on my last question, I have it sorted out now. I
> have another question, however, now. I was looking at the May 9, 2006
> thread titled "Some questions about the DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory" and
> I noticed that the order of the encoder/decoder pair was swapped in the
> ProtocolCodecFactory's. My question: Does the order in which the decoder &
> encoder are registered in the ProtocolCodecFactory matter? That is, is
> ProtocolCodecFactory_1
>         encoder1
>         decoder1
> equivalent to
> ProtocolCodecFactory_1
>         decoder1
>         encoder1

It doesn't matter at all as long as you add the ProtocolCodecFilter with
your protocol codec before any I/O happens.  If you added the filter before
binding the handler, then it's absolutely OK.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6