mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving to Java 5 and merging all subprojects into one big project.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:36:44 GMT
On 10/25/06, Newcomb, Michael-P57487 <Michael.Newcomb@gdc4s.com> wrote:

> As to Mark's (don't know last name) Ant suggestion, I think it is a
> great idea. Not everyone who uses MINA uses it from a internet-connected
> environment. Maven is a great idea but if I want to build in an offline
> environment, I have to go dig up all the jar files.

I agree that providing Ant build capability is a great idea, but managing
two build tools are pain in our butt as you know.  It would be really,
really nice if there are ant custom tags which can perform what maven does
for deploying artifacts.  Forcing users to use two build tools for one
project is not really a good idea.

+1 include libraries MINA needs in distribution

It's also a good idea.  It's not very hard to include them once we go to one
big project.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6