mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA and JMX
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:28:04 GMT
On 10/30/06, Mark Webb <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been playing around with the JMX "subproject" in MINA.  I have
> taken a copy of the httpserver code from the example portion of the
> project and added a call to IoServiceManager.  When I bring up
> jconsole, I don't really get any information, since I think the
> sessions are being added and removed faster than the polling interval.
> Even if I decrease the polling interval of the IoServiceManager, I get
> the same behavior.  If a session lasts 50ms, then I would have to
> refresh jconsole within that 50ms window of time in order to see
> anything.
> So I propose changing IoServiceManager to keep running counts on the
> data that it is monitoring, this will provide more informative data
> for the people who want to use the JMX system.
>
> I hope to submit a patch by tomorrow.

Thank you for pointing out a problem.  We'll be looking forward to your
patch.  Please use JIRA and don't forget to click the radio button that says
'Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache Software
License ยง5)'

Thanks again,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6