mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Brattinga" <jeroen.bratti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Versioning scheme]
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:09:32 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
"Do we move to 1.6 or 2.6 when we move to Java 6?"

I don't think there is a need to decide now how the Java 6 move should be
numbered.  AFAIK there are not that many changes (useful) to implement that
are Java 6 specific, and it will certainly take a while before Java 6 is
widely accepted/installed.

The main reason to use the 1.5 version number is IMO that it is a clear sign
that it's a Java 5 version, and doesn't use the backport library.

--
Jeroen Brattinga