mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Holger Hoffstaette" <hol...@wizards.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: Versioning scheme
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:17:28 GMT
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:57:45 +0200, Jeroen Brattinga wrote:

> I definitely would NOT change the meaning for odd and even. It's a pretty
> standard convention; changing that would only cause confusion. I still

There is no such thing as "pretty standard". Either it is standard or it
is not, which is the case here. There are more than enough people who
release "stable" .0 software. "stable" or "unstable" are completely
useless quantifiers for the quality of a release anyway, so the obvious
solution is to not use the release number for something that is open to
individual interpretation. Select a release and label it "recommended for
production use".
The other, more obvious solution would be to only ship releases that are
"ready for production".

-h