mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: list renamed dev@mina
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:58:28 GMT
Jeff Schnitzer a écrit :

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Now, just consider a simple user : having to read *all* the mails on
>> the dev
>> list is often more than boring (is it really the user's interest to
>> follow a
>> 30 mail long thread about "Version numbering" ?). Sudenly the separation
>> between user and dev lists make more sense.
>

> ...except that most users just search the lists to get their answers,
> and now they have to search two separate lists because either one is
> just as likely to contain the answer they are looking for.

If you ask a question in user list, don't expect to get an answer on dev
list ;)

> Or worse, they just search one and the lists get duplicate questions.

This is a Mailing List, not a FAQ. I don't think that a newbie who post
a question that have been answered 100 times in the ML is doing
something bad :
- if the question has been asked 100 times, then that means the FAQ is
not correct
- and in this case, either the doco or the example are not perfect :)

> Really it doesn't much matter to me, so I'll shut up now :-)

No problem... I tried to answer your question with my understanding, and
I don't think we have had an argument so far ;)

> Jeff

Emmanuel