mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Hieu Phan Thanh" <hie...@Cybersoft-VN.com>
Subject RE: [MINA] Does MINA finish all "decoded messages" before stopping?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 02:14:31 GMT
Hi Trustin,

> Yes, it's correct.  Once the messageSent event is fired, it is
forwarded
> IoHandler even if the connection is being closed at the moment.  It is
> because all events are stored in a queue.

I think the messageSent event is not related to what I meant. I
mentioned about the *decode* and *messageReceived* methods.

I want to withdraw my assumption because based on my test-results, it
was not correct.
I have added an counter (static variable) and this variable will be
increased 1 when the *decode()* is invoked and it will be decreased 1
when the *messageReceived()* is invoked. My expected result is when the
system is stopped successful, this counter's value must be zero (0). But
it was not.
Could we treat this problem is a bug of MINA framework?
Did you remember there was a time I asked about this kind of questions?

And I already had my own solution: the main thread will wait until the
counter is zero before stopped successfully. But I think that mina has
to finish all message by itself. How do you think?

Thanks & best regards,
Hieu Phan.