mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Milestones and Release Candidates
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:03:45 GMT
Well, using the same scheme that Eclipse does sound good to me :

M1, M2, ... Mn untill all features for a version has been implemented. Each
milestone is just used to deliver e preview of some features, being clear
that all the features are known

RC1..RCn are release candidate. Sounds pretty ok.

So, if you use Milestone instead of odd numbers I think it will work without
any probleem, and the semantic might be quite clear.

Just a last point : when moving form a X.Y to a X.Y+1, do deprecate the old
API, do not remove it. You can remove them in X+1.Y (just a question of
easing the migration ;)

To be short, +1