mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reason for "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" exception
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:52:12 GMT
On 1/9/07, Frode Stokke <frode.stokke@gmail.com> wrote:

> I sometimes get the following two exceptions from my client and/or server:
>    "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host
> machine"
>    "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
>
> Can someone explain the reason for these exceptions? What am I doing
> wrong?

It happens when a remote peer aborts the connection in a unexpected way.
There's a standardized procedure in closing a connection, but it is
sometimes violated unintentionally due to network condition or overload.
Unless there's an obvious problem with your business logic, it's OK.

What is the correct way to close a socket/IoSession to avoid getting these
> exceptions?

It is handled by JDK and MINA, so you don't have much control over it.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6