mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Gaston Dombiak" <gas...@jivesoftware.com>
Subject Contribution of fixes and enhancements
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:43:00 GMT
Hi,

As part of the load testing analysis that we have been doing to Wildfire
I needed to collect information about the networking layer (i.e. MINA).
I found the StatCollector class but when trying to use it I found that
it was not totally thread-safe (i.e. produced some errors), it was
slowing down performance and that it was not providing the info I needed
from MINA.

Attached you will find the modifications I made to the StatCollector and
ExecutorFilter classes. FYI, I'm using branch 1.1. I would like to know
which the contribution process is (e.g. Do I need to sign and fax some
contribution agreement? Will someone review the proposed changes? Should
I create a Jira issue and attach the patch? Should I check it in to SVN?
What about porting to trunk?)

Regards,

  -- Gato