mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Gaston Dombiak" <gas...@jivesoftware.com>
Subject RE: Contribution of fixes and enhancements
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:25:06 GMT
Oh, once the reviewer gives me the "ok" I can port the improvement & fix
to trunk.

Regards,

  -- Gato

-----Original Message-----
From: Niklas Therning [mailto:niklas@trillian.se]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:58 PM
To: dev@mina.apache.org
Subject: Re: Contribution of fixes and enhancements

Gaston Dombiak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As part of the load testing analysis that we have been doing to
> Wildfire I needed to collect information about the networking layer
> (i.e. MINA). I found the StatCollector class but when trying to use it
> I found that it was not totally thread-safe (i.e. produced some
> errors), it was slowing down performance and that it was not providing
> the info I needed from MINA.
>
> Attached you will find the modifications I made to the StatCollector
> and ExecutorFilter classes. FYI, I'm using branch 1.1. I would like to
> know which the contribution process is (e.g. Do I need to sign and fax
> some contribution agreement? Will someone review the proposed changes?
> Should I create a Jira issue and attach the patch? Should I check it
> in to SVN? What about porting to trunk?)

The correct process for a code contribution would be to create a JIRA
issue and attach the patch there. IIRC you will be asked to agree to
some terms when you submit your patch to JIRA which takes care of the
legal stuff.

If you have the time it would be super if you could port the patch to
trunk as well.

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net