mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Gaston Dombiak" <gas...@jivesoftware.com>
Subject Sporadic error when using SSL
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:50:21 GMT
Hey guys,

I'm seeing the following errors in our log files and was wondering if
you have any idea what is causing it.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

        at java.nio.Buffer.position(Buffer.java:218)

        at
org.apache.mina.filter.support.SSLHandler.messageReceived(SSLHandler.jav
a:303)

        at
org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.messageReceived(SSLFilter.java:392)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageRece
ived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(Abstrac
tIoFilterChain.java:54)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.message
Received(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$HeadFilter.messageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:617)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageRece
ived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

        at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.fireMessageReceived
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:353)

        at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProc
essor.java:246)

        at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoP
rocessor.java:206)

        at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(Socket
IoProcessor.java:44)

        at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(Socket
IoProcessor.java:502)

        at
org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.j
ava:43)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:650)

        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:675)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

We are using MINA branch 1.1 and the SSLFilter is added when using
StartTLS. So far I'm not able to find a way to reproduce it. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

  -- Gato