mina-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Brégier <fred.breg...@free.fr>
Subject Re: JMX tutorial on Eclipse
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 18:29:54 GMT
On the Runtime.getRuntime part :
I did the same for my project because I've seen some time
some buggy behaviour where socket were still pending
in a wait status even if the associated process were down.
This only applies when bad things come and throw an exception
that was not catch. So I've done that as "the last chance" for
me to close my MINA's sockets and some other things (database connection).
But I suggest you to only use it as "the last chance". You should
prefer a "standard" way to shutdown properly the acceptor,
that is to say "under control" and not as "panic mode".

That's my 2 cents...
Frederic

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eero Nevalainen"
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:08 PM
Subject: JMX tutorial on Eclipse

Hi,

I went through the JMX tutorial and started it on Eclipse. The JConsole
wasn't showing the IoServiceManager mbean. Works fine when started
normally from a command line. Anyone else experience this?

Also another question: Am I risking some horrible, horrible fate by
placing this call on my code?

Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(new Thread() {
public void run() {
acceptor.unbindAll();
}
});